My Mac Apps » Breakin'
Breakin' is a free menu bar app that periodically reminds you to take a break (and take care of yourself) rather than be in front of your computer and has the following functionality:
- Work how you want; trigger a break manually or have Breakin’ do it for you on a recurring time interval
- Define your own custom break activity suggestions
- Lock the currently active display to encourage you to actually take a break
- Exit breaks before they officially end
- Pause Breakin’ at any time using a menu or a keyboard shortcut
- Works in macOS' Dark mode
- A fully signed and notarized native application
- Works on macOS Big Sur, Monterey, and Ventura
- It’s free!
NOTE: The code bases of the Intel and Apple Silicon versions of this program are the same, so the functionality between them is identical, however, you should use the Apple Silicon version if you have an M1 or M2-based Mac.
NOTE: This program is free but if you like it, encourage me to continue writing tools like this by buying me a cup of coffee!