Selected Projects » Menu Snappr
Menu Snappr Menu Snappr is a simple but full-featured screen capture utility that runs in your Mac's menu bar. It is closely modeled after such classic macOS apps like InstantShot! and supports the following functionality:
- Capture the entire screen (both with and without a 3 or 5 second timer)
- Make video recordings of your screen activity (if running macOS Mojave or better) from 10 to 180 seconds in length
- Capture a specific area or region of the screen
- Capture entire screens or make video recordings on your primary or secondary display
- Save your screen captures in PNG, JPEG, TIFF, or BMP formats with unique filenames
- Open the screen capture in Preview (if capturing an image) or the QuickTime player (if capturing video)
- Choose whether to include the mouse pointer, drop shadow, copy the image to the clipboard, or to include mouse clicks (if a video recording)
- Choose whether to run Menu Snappr each time you login to your computer
- Works in macOS’ Dark mode
- And more...
NOTE: I have tested this program on several of my machines running Sierra through Catalina and it works fine. Your mileage may vary, however, since I can't possibly test every system configuration.